Theramex Australia Pty Ltd (“Theramex”, “our”, “us” or “we”) recognises and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the personal information you provide to us or that we otherwise hold about you.
By providing us with your personal information, you acknowledge and consent to Theramex’s personal information handling practices as outlined this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise by contacting our Privacy Officer. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, you may contact our Australian Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter addressed to the Privacy Officer, Theramex Australia Pty Ltd, 201 Elizabeth street, level 16, Sydney NSW2000, Australia
What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect information that is necessary or relevant to our relationship with you, our services, functions or activities, including to enable us to provide you the best possible service and customer experience. If you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with all of our services and products or to contact you to perform functions set out in this Policy.
We collect the personal information of members of the public (Theramex customers), healthcare professionals, third parties who provide services to Theramex and prospective employees and contractors.
The types of personal information Theramex may collect includes (but is not limited to):
- identifying information such as your name, age, date of birth and gender;
- contact information such as your residential address, email address, telephone contact numbers and social media username;
- special categories of personal information including medical diagnostic data, prescription data, other health related information provided by you (such as health information, disability and disability type, health risk factors, personal exposure and surveillance data) and relationship to a person;
- information provided in connection with reporting of adverse events related to our products.
When possible, we will allow you to deal with us anonymously. We will inform you if it is possible for an interaction to occur on an anonymous basis and, where it is, it will be optional for you to provide personal information.
How do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We may collect your personal information:
- directly from you (for example, when you communicate with us, make an inquiry, complaint or report an adverse event);
- in respect of patients, from your healthcare professional;
- from third parties including those engaged by us to perform functions on our behalf;
- from publicly available sources.
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- as indicated to you at the time of collecting your personal information;
- recording, investigating, assessing and responding to medical enquiries, complaints, adverse event or adverse reaction reports including reporting these to the relevant regulatory authorities;
- maintaining a record of enquiries and complaints concerning our products and services;
- monitoring the quality, safety and efficacy of our products and services;
- for general sales, marketing and research purposes;
- to consider employment applications to Theramex;
- in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements or as otherwise required or authorised by or under any law; and
- as otherwise may be required for the legitimate functioning of our business activities including for example, improving operational processes, enhancing customer experiences, administering or organising programs or events, processing payments, carrying out internal functions and as part of buying or selling our business.
Personal information will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, contractual, or reporting requirements.
In what circumstances will we disclose your personal information?
In the course of conducting our business and providing our products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information. We only disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities. We will not disclose your personal information to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told (for example, by means of this Policy), that your information will be disclosed to those persons; and/or
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law.
Examples of third parties to whom your personal information may be disclosed include:
- Theramex affiliates or related entities including those located outside of Australia;
- entities that provide Theramex with support services;
- healthcare professionals;
- Theramex IT servers or data centres located globally;
- to government agencies, regulatory authorities such as the Therapeutic Goods Administration in Australia and law enforcement agencies, as required, authorised or permitted by law; and
- parties involved in a prospective purchase or actual transfer of our assets or business.
If we engage third parties, we will take reasonable steps, before we share your personal information with them, to ensure that they deal with your personal information in accordance with this Policy and the requirements set out in the Act.
Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Your personal information may be transferred to recipients in countries outside Australia and the European Economic Area in which Theramex operates. Theramex will take appropriate legal, organisational and technical measures to protect your data consistent with this Policy and applicable privacy and data security laws.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time, and we will provide you with that information unless we are prevented by law from giving it to you. If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you reasons for this decision when we respond to your request.
You will not be charged for accessing your information, although we might have to charge the reasonable cost of processing your request, including photocopying, administration and postage. We will advise you of any fee payable before we process your request.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, request the restriction of processing of your personal information, object to the processing thereof, or request that a copy is transferred to another party, please submit that request in writing by email to:
or by letter addressed to:
Theramex Australia Pty Ltd
201 Elizabeth street, level 16, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by us can also be submitted to at the above addresses.
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.